Atomic Backland Carbon Boot
In Stock & Ships Today
Atomic keeps refining the Backland series of boots, and the Backland Carbon still sits atop the list. Dropping the BOA system in favor of a Cross Lace instep buckle, the updated version is more reliable and can close tighter on your foot. The Backland Carbon is still one of the best walking boots in this class, with 74 degrees of motion around serviceable Frictionless Pivots. The liner gets an update but still has breathable zones and is washable so you can sweat in this boot all spring and not worry about the stank. An upgraded 40mm power strap adds ski performance when locked into ski mode using the smooth-operating Free/Lock mech. The Atomic Backland Carbon is a well-rounded ski touring boot with an easy fit.
- Frictionless Pivots make for smooth articulation and can be replaced.
- Free/Lock 4.0 ski/walk mechanism is easy to flip and has a reliable lock mode.
- Dry Fit foam in the liner has breathable zones and can be washed.
- Cross Lace 2.0 closure system over the forefoot locks you in.
- Gaiter over the lower keeps snow out and your feet dry.
- Carbon-infused memory shell can be heat molded.
- Three different forward leans to choose from.
|Weight (pair)||2390g [27/27.5]|
||2 + 40mm Cam Strap|
||13°, 15°, 17°|
||Carbon infused polyamide shell, carbon cuff|
||3D Platinum Tour|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Breathable & washable liner|
|Bottom Line||A nice upgrade to the Backland Carbon|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.