Tuckerman Ravine sits on the eastern side of New Hampshire's Mount Washington and is home to some of New England's most iconic ski lines, from the infamous Headwall to the perennial favorite Hillman's Highway. It's also a glacially-carved cirque -- a remnant of the last ice age, when a thick sheet of ice pushed down from Washington's summit along with thousands of tons of glacial debris, creating the steep-sided steep-skiing paradise we know today. Skiers flocking to Tuckerman Ravine every spring would be right to look at Black Diamond's new Cirque 84, a versatile mountaineering ski with a preference for steep and firm. Taking its cue from BD's previous offerings in the mid-fat category, the Cirque 84 uses a paulownia wood core and a hybrid sidewall/cap construction to provide a powerful and stable feel underfoot, but at a much lower weight and with a handy tip notch for quicker transitions. Whether you're dropping into a steep face at corn o'clock, or setting off on the Ortler Traverse, get a pair of Cirques on your feet and get ready to be impressed.
- Paulownia wood core and pre-preg carbon is a proven combo for ultralight skis, and BD added a titanal mounting plate to finish the sandwich.
- Angular sidewalls pair with cap construction to increase durability and provide a powerful, stable feel.
- White topsheet sheds snow, even when the May sun is beating down on you.
- The flat tail provides solid edge hold on bulletproof snow and is easy to insert into a pack loop for #booterfriday.
- Pair with a tip-rip skin for race-speed transitions in the backcountry.
|Lengths (cm)||157, 164, 171, 178|
|Weight (pair)||2070g |
|Turn Radius||17.5m 
|Skin Fix||Tip Notch|
|Profile||All conditions tip rise, flat tail, moderate camber|
|Shape||Round tip, medium radius, slight tapered tail|
|Construction||Ultralight Pre-preg carbon fiber layup, 5 mm beveled partial ABS sidewalls with semi-cap construction|
|Core||Engineered paulownia wood core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Steep skiing,fast and light|
|Notes||ABS tail protector with integrated skin-clip tab|
|Bottom Line||Ultralight machine that can pick off technical couloirs|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.