For a fresh hot take on the venerable Maestrale RS, the 4.0 model is redesigned with a more planet-friendly twist and slightly different fit than its predecessor.* Consistent with its environmental objectives, SCARPA is increasingly using materials made from renewable resources throughout its product lines. In this case, the cuff and shell are constructed with materials derived from castor oil, resulting in a boot that’s more sustainable to manufacture. Rest assured, these materials don’t cut corners and have allowed SCARPA to produce a Maestrale RS with the performance and durability of its predecessors whilst keeping its weight down. A confidence-inspiring set of 3 buckles combine to hold your foot in place and a dynamic power strap from Booster tops it off for a powerful and progressive skiing platform. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Maestrale without the generous range of motion and convenient ski/walk mechanism that the Maestrale is known for. With the RS 4.0, SCARPA is continuing its tradition of impeccably made ski boots that perform like the high-end Italian product they are.
- Carbon-infused Grilamid BIO and Pebax Rnew construction are more environmentally friendly without sacrificing performance.
- Speed MLT ski/walk mechanism is easy to use and allows for excellent power transfer.
- Wave Closure system securely wraps the foot for increased performance.
- HRS ankle strap keeps the heel locked down and not moving.
- The power strap has all the features you’ll ever need: it’s a dynamic elasticized cam-lock beauty made by Booster.
- Intuition Pro Flex liner is moldable and supportive.
- Made in Italy
*The changes are not extreme and the Maestrale RS retains a shape that is similar to prior generations.
|Weight (pair)||2920g |
||3 + Power Strap|
||Tech, Hybrid, ISO 9523|
||14°, 16°, 18°|
||Grilamid BIO w/ Carbon Core shell, Pebax R-New w/ Carbon Core cuff, Pebax tongue|
||Intuition Pro Flex Performance|
||Vibran Cayman LT (ISO 9523)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Free touring and everyday backcountry use|
|Notes||Most powerful Maestrale yet with eco-friendly construction throughout the entire boot|
|Bottom Line||Do-it-all boot for anything and everything backcountry|
|Compare to other Freeride Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.