Like the renaissance in Europe, we too, as the backcountry skiing community, are experiencing a renaissance in technology after enduring the dark, dark years that saw the usage of such torture devices known as “frame bindings.” Front and center in this rebirth is ATK, whom with their introduction of the Raider series, delivered a durable and lightweight binding that could satisfy the appetite of even the most demanding skiers. Fast forward in time, and they have delivered yet again with the introduction of the C-Raider 12. By utilizing more carbon in its construction, the binding artisans have delivered a even lighter version -- for ATK, carbon means bombproof at the lowest weight. The designers kept the same wide mounting pattern, 12mm of rearward heel travel, and stalwart construction that made the original immensely popular. If you are done using torture devices masquerading as ski bindings, and want a light binding that packs a punch, the ATK C-Raider 12 won’t let you down.
- Release values range from 5-12 accommodates a wide range of skiers.
- Five different walk modes to ensure you get the right height for whatever the day has in store.
- 12mm of travel in the Elastic Response System gives you plenty of cushion for the pushin’.
- Easy Entry System makes stepping into your toe piece, well, easy.
- Snowpack Proof keeps snow buildup to a minimum.
- Cam Release System in the heel piece guides your boot in place for a more consistent vertical release.
- Magneto Heel Flaps keep the heel risers where they are needed.
- 25mm of adjustment accommodates a wide range of boots.
||86mm, 91mm, 97mm, 102mm, 108mm, 120mm|
||4 + flat|
||7075 aluminum, stainless steel, POM, 30% carbon fiber composite|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All day everyday touring binding|
|Notes||Sturdy lightweight tourer|
|Bottom Line||Generously blessed with features but not grams|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.