It used to be that Search and Rescue operators recommended that b*ckcountry (can't use the full word, gotta keep Big Backcountry off our case) recreationists take mirrors to signal for help when they get lost-- not anymore!! Nowadays, if you're in the backcountry and need a rescue, simply find a long stick and hold your Fischer Travers CS boots up in the air, and their glowing green hue will attract every rescuer within a 15-mile radius. In addition to their hi-vis paint job, the Travers CS boots have a spec sheet that tick's nearly every necessary box on the "What Backcountry Skiers Want" list. A huge range of motion in the ankle, the super-adjustable Boa lower-boot closure system, and a stiff carbon sole are just a few reasons to grab a pair of these featherweight touring boots for yourself. Fischer's nifty stance-improving technology, Somatec, positions your feet in a faint v-shape that improves power transfer down to your ski edges, while the Grilamid lower shell takes a punch better than Mohammed Ali (the Skimo Co boxing team? Featherweight division only). If you like skin tracks, soft snow, and long days, then Fischer Travers CS ski boots are sure to be a perfect companion for all your snowy endeavors.
- With a kevlar sole, the Travers CS is designed to be solid and stiff and able to handle hard skiing with minimal shell flex and slop.
- An adjustable velcro strap and sliding buckle make for easy and fast transitions.
- A notch in the back cuff of the boot beds the ski/walk lever and eliminates unintentional transitions while booting and scrambling.
- Brass rollers smoothly allow the Boa cable to tension the lower boot without any hotspots.
- The Grilamid lower shell can be punched to accommodate odd and strange feet.
- Soma Tech, Fischer’s secret sauce, angles your feet outward three degrees for a more natural, powerful stance.
- Toe and heel lugs make automatic crampon attachment easy and fast.
|Weight (pair)||2088g [27/27.5]|
|Buckles||BOA + Tour 45mm + Buckle|
|Boot Sole Length||276mm [25.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||14° + Velcro spoiler|
|Materials||Grilamid shell, Carbon in the sole|
|Liner||Custom moldable Palau|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski Touring, Ski Mountaineering|
|Notes||Carbon sole added for better power transmission|
|Bottom Line||A perfect balance between up and downhill performance.|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.