Long and hard traverses are, as they sound, long and hard. To make these traverses less hard, though not less long, appropriate equipment selection is critical to shave grams where possible without jeopardizing the durability required to traverse large swathes of wilderness. Whether through nefarious means or otherwise, ATK has seemingly been at the forefront of creating wickedly light bindings that withstand the test of time. This isn’t more evident than with the ATK Haute Route 10. While coming in a weight that would make race bindings of yesteryear envious, the feature-rich Haute Route 10 exhibits a metal-intensive construction that lends itself to be long-lasting. With the use of the patented Cam Release System, the Haute Route also gives the user full control to set their release values to their personal preferences (so long as those preferences lay between 5-10). Since choice is never a bad thing (usually), the 30mm adjustment plate can accommodate many shapes and more importantly, sizes, of boots. If durable, adjustable, and light are commonly used when you describe your ideal binding, then you may have found the one with the ATK Haute Route.
- Cam Lock System helps with reliable and consistent releases.
- 30mm of BSL adjustment for the other boots in your quiver.
- Easy Entry System makes stepping in……..easy.
- Magneto Heel Flaps keep the flaps from flapping when they should not be flapping.
- Flat with two riser options for that Wasatch skinner.
- Alu 7075, Stainless Steel, POM construction saves weight and adds strength.
- Includes a pair of Kevlar leashes for the sketchy parts of the traverse.
||2 + Flat|
||7075 aluminum, stainless steel, POM|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and speedy touring|
|Bottom Line||The features you need none you don’t|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.