Dynastar aimed for the perfect on-snow feel with their favorite line of Touring skis. The M-Tour 99 is built with the Hybrid Core, which is Paulownia wood for rebound and energy mixed with Polyurethane sections for damping and a smooth flex. The result is a great all-around touring ski that can float in powder and showboat on hard snow. Using Adaptiv sidecuts, the 99s are easy to manage into turns and don't lock you into the turn. Directional rocker means you can stay above soft snow while enabling accurate steering. Dynastar is about the only ski company using Basalt fibers wrapped around its core, improving the feel over glass or carbon while keeping the weight down. If you're looking for a do-it-all backcountry ski that you can ski with confidence, look no further than the Dynastar M-Tour 99.
- Hybrid Paulownia / Polyurethane makes for a damp-yet-light core.
- Basalt fibers wrap the core and add torsional rigidity and energy.
- Directional rocker is surfy and easy to initial turns in deep snow.
- Adaptiv sidecut is a medium radius, easy to steer geometry.
- Full sidewall construction enhanced durability and edge hold.
- HD sintered bases offer some rock protection with great glide.
|Lengths (cm)||162, 170, 178, 186|
|Weight (pair)||2400g 
||Rounded tips, flat notched tails|
||Moderate rocker, camber underfoot|
||Shorter radius with big rounded tip|
||Sandwich with fiber torsion box|
||Paulownia / PU|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All around backcountry skiing|
|Notes||New version of the Mythic|
|Bottom Line||Excellent powder and carving skis in one|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.