Many of history's greatest thinkers (Plato, Socrates, and 50 Cent alike) have asked in a variety of ways the same question; “Why mess with a good thing?” It is even reported Socrates went to his deathbed without ever finding an answer to this all-encompassing question. Tragic! Well, the Swiss philosophers masquerading as engineers at Movement have at long last stumbled upon the answer, which is ... to make it better, of course! With the Alp Tracks 95, Movement has improved on the much-loved platform of the Alp Tracks 94 by flattening the tail and elongating the camber compared with its predecessor. The addition of a brand-new carbon layup allows this ski to charge downhill with the fury of boards twice their weight, while the use of Movement's race-grade edges maintains the hard-snow prowess that the Swiss brand boasts with every ski. If you take the time to prep your bases they should at least have the courtesy to hold on to wax and not cut like hot butter when you hit those thin patches of snow. To accommodate our needs Movement has opted to use a P-Tex 5000 base, which strikes a great balance of workhorse grade materials with high wax retention. As a versatile performer that sparks creative thinking among even the most jaded of ski tourers, the new Alp Tracks 95 is the inspirational lightning strike your ski life has been waiting for.
- Unique VA-Tech tips have rubber & fiberglass to help absorb vibration.
- Ultralight Karuba wood core helps to keep the grams at bay.
- All carbon construction utilizes a manual finishing process.
- DPR-Ti (Double Plate Reinforcement) anchors the binding to the ski.
- Race Edge tuning holds up to icy conditions without weighing you down.
- P-Tex 5000 base boasts high impact resistance.
- Radius Controlled Shaping helps keep ski characteristics consistent between different ski lengths.
Compare otherHigh-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||161, 169, 177, 183|
|Weight (pair)||2200g 
|Turn Radius||17.5m 
|Skin Fix||Round tip, flat tail|
|Profile||Mild tip rocker, flat tail|
|Shape||Rounded tip, medium radius and tapered tail (less tapered then the LT 94)|
|Construction||New carbon cap with mini sidewalls|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All Mountain ski - powder, corn or high speed arcing|
|Notes||New carbon layup and new shape|
|Bottom Line||The best all around touring ski just got better|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.